| Welcome to the I Wanna Be The Guy Wiki!
Warning: This wiki contains spoilers. Read at your own risk.
I Wanna Be The Guy, also known as I Wanna Be The Guy: The Movie: The Game, is a downloadable online game. It is about a character named The Kid who aims to be The Guy, a very prestigious position. Throughout the course of the game, The Kid encounters many obstacles such as Giant Cherries, Spikes, and alterations of various video game bosses, such as Mike Tyson or Mecha Birdo. The Kid's only weapon is the Very Small Gun, although he also uses other items for other purposes, such as the Cape of Heroes, which allows him to double jump. The game is notable for being extremely hard and glitchy. The hard parts include nearly impossible to beat bosses and random obstacles, and glitchy parts include spikes not hurting The Kid, or getting killed when there was no obstacle nearby. Also, the physics have been called Mega-Man physics due to the way the physics work. Also in the game...(More)
- ...That Kayin did the voice of The Guy?
- ...That The Kid is an unlockable character in Super Meat Boy?
- ...That I Wanna Be The Guy was inspired by a game called Jinsei Owata no Daibōken?
- ...That the Medusa Head in-game freeze and push The Kid, whereas in Castlevania, only the Gold Heads did this?
- ...That the physics in I Wanna Be The Guy have been nicknamed Mega-Man physics?
- ...That I Wanna Be The Guy was created with Multimedia Fusion 2?
- ...That I Wanna Be The Guy is listed as a beta, despite no longer being in active development?
- ...That I Wanna Be The Guy has inspired many fan games, the most famous of which being I Wanna Be The Fan Game?
- ...That Kraidgief is a parody of palette-hacked character glitches
- ...That apples are actually giant cherries?
- ...That restart counts as a death?
PLEASE INSERT LEGITIMATE FACTS THAT ARE INTERESTING TO THIS TEMPLATE!
What's new on I Wanna Be The Guy Wiki
- December 18th, 2010
- Mamkute 'adopts' the I Wanna Be The Guy Wiki.
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
- Not sure where to start?
- Find out more about the wiki on the About page.
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial.
- Check out Help:Starting this wiki if you're setting up the wiki.
- Adding content
- Every wiki has two list of articles that need help called "Stubs" and "Wanted Articles". Don't be shy, get in there.
- Uploading images is another really easy way to help out - see the Special:Upload page!
- You can find a list of useful templates on Category:Templates, some of which are documented on the templates project page.
- Talk and more...
- Check out the community portal to see what the community is working on, to give feedback or just to say hi.
Ace Attorney • AdventureQuest • Age of Conan • Aika Online • AliceSoft • Chrono Trigger • Dead or Alive • Destiny • Diner Dash • DragonFable • Eat Sheep • Fable • Fantasy Life • FatalFury • Halo • Iris Online • Jak and Daxter • Just Cause • Killzone • Lego Pirates the Video Game • Lord of Ultima • Mario • MechQuest • Metal Gear • M.U.G.E.N • Ninja Gaiden • Nintendo • Nitrome • No More Heroes • Ōkami • Pokémon • Professor Layton • Ragnarök Online • Rare • Rhythm Heaven • Saints Row • Spore • StarCraft • Touhou Project • Virtua Fighter • Voyage Century Online • WarpForce • Wolfenstein • World of Warcraft • Yōkai Watch